This forum is to be used ONLY for topics regarding BattleGroup42 and Battlefield 1942, the game it is based on. It is not intended for advertising other mods, games or any kind of commercial stuff. All posts and topics not related to the mod or Battlefield 1942 (only the main game and its official expansions) will be deleted without prior notice. We also won’t tolerate any kind of racist, religious or political statements.

FRC4 bug report thr...

Notifications
Clear all

FRC4 bug report thread

94 Posts
15 Users
4 Likes
33.5 K Views
al13326
(@al13326)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Vehicle/s

-> Missing engine sound of OT-34/85 while moving and only tracks can be heard (e.g. Berlin).

Discord ID: al13326

Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member

On 4405-raid_on_drvar map, historically wrong is flag of Kingdom of Yugoslavia and kits are of Royal Yugoslav Army from 1941, instead of Yugoslav communist flag and Yugoslav Partisan's army for which I made textures, kits, standardmesh and object, but I don't understand why it's not incorporated into this release... Maybe it will be finally imported!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IvkKjSYCHNM2EyMFhYRnhkRTA/view

😉 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@sarge31fr)
Coder-in-Chief Admin

Posted by: al13326

Vehicle/s

-> Missing engine sound of OT-34/85 while moving and only tracks can be heard (e.g. Berlin).

fixed. one .ssc file was missing

ReplyQuote
(@sarge31fr)
Coder-in-Chief Admin

Posted by: Laufer

On 4405-raid_on_drvar map, historically wrong is flag of Kingdom of Yugoslavia and kits are of Royal Yugoslav Army from 1941, instead of Yugoslav communist flag and Yugoslav Partisan's army for which I made textures, kits, standardmesh and object, but I don't understand why it's not incorporated into this release... Maybe it will be finally imported!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IvkKjSYCHNM2EyMFhYRnhkRTA/view

😉 😀 

Like it says in the news, the new textures etc. will be implemented for the next release. So don't worry 😉

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member

Oh, great! I didn't read it! Sorry!  😀 

I also didn't ask this. Is it only me playing for a short while, or bots on that map don't move much?

P.S. I hope you won't forget my re-worked texture for Hungarian uniforms!

ReplyQuote
Qbicle
(@qbicle)

4405-Raid on Drvar
German MG class is only known as ASSAULT.
Bots spawning in the church area do not move. Perhaps there is too little space for them to move out of the fenced area, or a pathmap issue?

Suggestion: German flag for paradrop spawn should be changed to a flagless spawn (similar to Operation Mercury for example), and if that is too confusing for new players, perhaps add text like "German paradrop" near the area. I also considered making the church nearby neutral, but given the really high CP value there, I assume it's really important for a reason.

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member

I am not sure should I report that "bug" in here, but Dutch helmets and German cap models are too small for heads and it looks kinda stupid, so I was free to edit those models in 3Ds max and will post it in here, I guess this should be also fixed, so I am sharing it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fhBDVFlWKCLOz2b-Zl2l_XZ_r9Ruw_Qg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z-yl0igsFnsmk0UeTkZFrfXZLQ0TlfSa

And also I re-textured Hungarian uniform to be much more realistic, you can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UnMSxeF3kpF2CHd_Fk_XXDD8t7dhfvSn

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member

And I also edited buttons on German Desert uniform, I hope you'll also add it for Final Release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEjl8wfzn-MBhYm3RhCUUkIJbEBI4rWp/view?usp=sharing

Also there's a bug on map Dunkirk. I put the screenshot in the attachment

This post was modified 5 years ago 6 times by Laufer

ReplyQuote
al13326
(@al13326)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have just reupload the files that I edited from RC3+patch 1 bug thread (compatible in RC4) with the addition of 4410-clash_on_surigao changing "game.setKit" to US Marines in Allies.

Download link: Google Drive

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member

Is there possibility to also fix and rework map "Valley of death", cause it has terrible big FPS drops and it's not possible playing it normally like all the other maps? I would be grateful if that can be solved! 

Anyway, I was "editing" a bit that map, so I hope you'll like my edit. Map now goes faster than before. 

ReplyQuote
al13326
(@al13326)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Vehicle/s

-> MAS shows the naval jack of the current Italian navy instead from Royal Italian navy (e.g. 4306-Operation Corkscrew and 4308-Azov clashes).

-> Sturmpanzer II Bison's suspension are misaligned as shown here (e.g. Gazala):

ReplyQuote
Qbicle
(@qbicle)

Missing building part in Dunkirk Perimeter

There is a chance a spawn point is selectable (but not usable) at the Southern bridge for the Chinese at the start of the game in Jiangzi co-op. It seems to only appear on the first instnace after map is loaded, as it does not appear upon restarts without reloading the map.

Chinese ZIS-5 does not repair Renault FT or Sdkfz 222 (latter is understandable as it's coded as an Axis vehicle)

Last but not least: Damage system may need revising.
I first notice an issue when KV-1 is impervious to direct hits from all tank gun in early maps such as Battle of Brody, even from behind (which is an issue on its own), but it is susceptible to explosive damage. This means while direct hits from tank guns will do nothing to it, a near miss from some tank guns that have explosive splash damage will damage it - for example, a Panzer IV Ausf D/E with 7.5 cm KwK 37 will do nothing against a KV-1 if the shell lands on the tank itself, but shooting at the ground near it, or hitting other tanks close-by will damage it.

ReplyQuote
(@lastofavari)

A lot of maps have empty or non descriptive Objectives sections in the beginning screen. It would be nice if someone copypasted loading screen descriptions there.

ReplyQuote
(@sarge31fr)
Coder-in-Chief Admin

Posted by: al13326

Vehicle/s

-> MAS shows the naval jack of the current Italian navy instead from Royal Italian navy (e.g. 4306-Operation Corkscrew and 4308-Azov clashes).

-> Sturmpanzer II Bison's suspension are misaligned as shown here (e.g. Gazala):

fixed

ReplyQuote
(@sarge31fr)
Coder-in-Chief Admin

Posted by: Qbicle

Missing building part in Dunkirk Perimeter

There is a chance a spawn point is selectable (but not usable) at the Southern bridge for the Chinese at the start of the game in Jiangzi co-op. It seems to only appear on the first instnace after map is loaded, as it does not appear upon restarts without reloading the map.

Chinese ZIS-5 does not repair Renault FT or Sdkfz 222 (latter is understandable as it's coded as an Axis vehicle)

Last but not least: Damage system may need revising.
I first notice an issue when KV-1 is impervious to direct hits from all tank gun in early maps such as Battle of Brody, even from behind (which is an issue on its own), but it is susceptible to explosive damage. This means while direct hits from tank guns will do nothing to it, a near miss from some tank guns that have explosive splash damage will damage it - for example, a Panzer IV Ausf D/E with 7.5 cm KwK 37 will do nothing against a KV-1 if the shell lands on the tank itself, but shooting at the ground near it, or hitting other tanks close-by will damage it.

Dunkirk: not a mesh bug, buildings need to be replaced correctly

Jiangxi: fixed, two settings in the spawnpointmanagersettings for Coop mode were switched

damage system: added minor damage to armor with matid 50 and 51 for direct hits (for shells with max. penetration of 65mm), removed splash damage for matid 50 and 51.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7