This forum is to be used ONLY for topics regarding BattleGroup42 and Battlefield 1942, the game it is based on. It is not intended for advertising other mods, games or any kind of commercial stuff. All posts and topics not related to the mod or Battlefield 1942 (only the main game and its official expansions) will be deleted without prior notice. We also won’t tolerate any kind of racist, religious or political statements.

My ask for permissi...

Notifications
Clear all

My ask for permission

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, 

I wanted to ask for permission if you allow me, to use Opel Blitz truck for the purpose of my mod Battlefield Balkan 1991-95 (Battlefield Vietnam mod). Can you give me permission to use it, I would be most grateful and I would give you credit, of course! 

Many thanks in advance! 

~Laufer

al13326
(@al13326)
Trusted Member

Wait, did JNA and other warring factions at that time still used Opel Blitz?

AFAIK, the only WWII vehicles used that i've seen on news and amateur videos (taken by combatant themselves) during the Yugoslav wars were the M36 Jackson (here's an example from now defunct DFF's Aktuell on it's final broadcast in 1991) and the T-34/85.

Discord ID: al13326

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: al13326

Wait, did JNA and other warring factions at that time still used Opel Blitz?

AFAIK, the only WWII vehicles used that i've seen on news and amateur videos (taken by combatant themselves) during the Yugoslav wars were the M36 Jackson (here's an example from now defunct DFF's Aktuell on it's final broadcast in 1991) and the T-34/85.

Truth to be told. Opel like Opel from that period of 1991-95, no. But it's the closest substitute for TAM 4500/5000 used by Yugoslavian army from that period.  😉 

ReplyQuote
(@sargesurfat)
Member Admin

As far as I know, the TAM 5000 is a license build Magirus Deutz , which - honestly said - looks quite different from the Blitz. Maybe it would be better to look for such a model?

This maybe could be a good base: https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/303589 or https://free3d.com/3d-model/dajc-3689.html

ReplyQuote
(@sargesurfat)
Member Admin

So after a short discussion between the Sarges, I guess we can give you permission to use the Blitz. Thats mainly because we can´t remember who created the original model long time ago for BGF, so we can not ask. This permission is of course under condition. Copyright is still with the original author.

Oh and it would be nice if you can post a pic of the converted model here 🙂

ReplyQuote
al13326
(@al13326)
Trusted Member

🙂

Discord ID: al13326

ReplyQuote
(@sargesurfat)
Member Admin

Great, thanks. Unfortunatly we have no contact anymore to both of them.

ReplyQuote
Laufer
(@laufer)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi to you all lads! 

Sorry for a bit late response, but I was busy with my job. Thank you for your approval. Anyway, you were right about similarity of Opel Blitz from this mod with TAM 4500/5000, so I worked something else out by working on other 3ds model I found on the internet. In any case many thanks for support and approval, once more!  😀

ReplyQuote
(@sargesurfat)
Member Admin

Hey Laufer, I found this one: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-magirus-mercur-1378176

ReplyQuote